Junior Front-end Web Developer
Please supply live examples of your work, provide at least two urls with your application.
Ahoy! We’re a growing creative digital agency based in scenic Wheatley Park in Mirfield, just a mile from the train station, with links to Huddersfield and Leeds. We’re a friendly crew of designers, developers and digital marketers. Our expanding client list includes national brands as well as regional businesses.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our web development team. We’re looking for someone who is well organised, confident, passionate about digital, as well as being keen to learn. You’ll need a good sense of humour and we will provide a great working environment, all the bean-to-cup coffee you can drink, regular social events and an opportunity to play a big part in our future!
We’re after a passionate front end developer who loves digital and wants to use the latest technologies to create engaging websites. You will either have 1 to 2 years of experience or a relevant degree. The right person will be excited by new developments, best practice UX and UI, and be prepared to experiment to make any project better.
Skills and experience required
- Strong clean code writing skills
- HTML5 and CSS/SCSS
- Experience with Git
- Experience with WordPress & WooCommerce
- Ability to debug front-end site issues using inspector tool
- Knowledge of Foundation / Bootstrap frameworks
- An Interest in new & emerging technologies and frameworks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communicator happy working in teams to deliver projects on time
Experience of the below would be an advantage
- Experience with Magento and other CMS systems
- Working knowledge of PHP & MySQL
- WordPress plugin development and maintenance
- Photoshop, illustrator
- 26 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Training and CPD for each employee
- Free parking
- Free coffee, tea and fruit
- Dependant on experience
- Front end dev: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)